As Slow Food San Francisco looks forward, we have lots of ways for people to volunteer and get more involved in community and food. These are the first of many opportunities with Slow Food San Francisco! We are grateful for your support, and could not do this work without your support. We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming event!
- Childhood Obesity Bay Area Conference: The Childhood Obesity Bay Area (COBA) conference is an annual event hosted by Slow Food San Francisco to bring awareness, education, and solutions to a national epidemic. Now in our sixth year, we are looking for volunteers this fall to play large leadership roles in planning and executing the event on Saturday, November 4th at UCSF. If interested please reach out to Sally Rogers: email@example.com
- Community and Partnerships Committee of Slow Food San Francisco: The Community and Partnerships Committee is looking for members to be involved in creating connections within the community and developing educational workshops that facilitate growth and expansion of the values behind Slow Food. This could be any part of the following process: creating a relationship with a local business to use their space and developing, scheduling and executing a workshop featuring a local talent. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School Gardens Committee of Slow Food San Francisco: SFSF has implemented gardens in several schools in San Francisco as well as hosted a tour of a garden at a prior COBA conference. We will be organizing an event on Earth Day 2017 (April) in conjunction with a few other organizations in SF that will be interactive for families. We are currently seeking volunteers to help with this event and who are eager to push Slow Food principles to the youth for future projects in this Committee. Tasks may include: helping maintain organization; picking up donations, set up and clean up, being a “game leader” when we break off into groups, keeping track of raffle ticket sales, some marketing and helping the workshop leaders with their tasks. Contact email@example.com
om if you are interested.
- Communications Committee of Slow Food San Francisco: Want to use your voice to connect people to Slow Food San Francisco? Our Communications Committee is looking for key volunteers to help with the monthly newsletter, redesigning our website and social media outreach. If you’re interested, get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Slow Wine 2017 Tour: Next Tuesday, January 24th, Slow Wine will be in downtown San Francisco! We would love for you to volunteer at the event from 12-5, helping with logistics (registration, coat check, etc.). You would have significant breaks during that timeframe, however, so you would have access to explore the event and all the fabulous Italian wine! Contact email@example.com if you are able to help.