Slow Food San Francisco recruiting new Board Members/Leaders
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Do you love local, organic, sustainable slow food and have a desire to be a leader in the largest social food movement in the world? (slowfood.com) Slow Food San Francisco (SFSF) is now recruiting Board members for 2017. This is a volunteer position and we seek 6 – 8 individuals who will lead the local chapter founded in 1989. www.slowfoodsanfrancisco.com
Slow Food is an idea, a way of living and a way of eating. It is a global, grassroots movement with thousands of members around the world that links the pleasure of food with a commitment to the community and the environment.
Slow Food works around the world to protect food biodiversity, build links between producers and consumers, and raise awareness of some of the most pressing topics affecting our food system.
These initiatives range from community activities organized by local chapters to larger projects, campaigns and events coordinated by Slow Food’s national and international headquarters.
▪ Saving endangered foods and defending culinary traditions through our biodiversity projects
▪ Teaching the pleasure of food and how to make good, clean and fair choices through food and taste education
▪ Celebrations of the culinary traditions of the world, (with an emphasis on the Bay Area) artisanal cheese and fish, and meetings of our worldwide networks in our international events
▪ From animal welfare to land grabbing, addressing themes that we care about
▪ Connecting people passionate about changing the food system through our network
Board members have a responsibility to ensure that SFSF does the best work possible in pursuit of its mission and values.
Board Service Responsibilities:
• Attend Board meetings held monthly;
• Develop a thorough understanding of the mission and programs of SFSF
• Set strategies and guide organization’s growth and development;
• Develop knowledge of nonprofit board governance, nonprofit management, network building;
• Support fundraising efforts of SFSF through city-wide events, cultivating donor relationships, and by obtaining monetary and/or in-kind contributions from other sources;
• Be an advocate and champion for the success and sustainability of SFSF, our partners and community.
Skills and Experiences Desired:
We seek individuals with one or more of the following:
- PR, communications, or event planning expertise
- Nonprofit leadership or management
- Fundraising experience
- A love for food and food justice
SFS Board shall serve a minimum of one 12-month term. For more information on SFSF please check out our website at www.slowfoodsanfrancisco.com.
Interested persons are asked to please complete the attached application here and you can also send a cover letter to Dava Guthmiller, email@example.com subject line: SFSF Board Member. Deadline for applications is May 5, 2016.