Get Involved by Volunteering at One of our Spring Events!
As Slow Food San Francisco looks towards the New Year, We have lots of spectacular events for folks looking to get more involved in community and food, or looking to increase their time volunteering. This is the first of many opportunities with Slow Food San Francisco! We are incredibly grateful for your support and your offer to help and look forward to seeing you at an upcoming event!
- Childhood Obesity Bay Area Conference: The Childhood Obesity Bay Area (COBA) conference is an annual event hosted by Slow Food San Francisco to bring awareness, education and solutions to a national epidemic. Now in our sixth year we are looking for volunteers this fall to help with planning, outreach and development as well as videography and photography assistance day of. While still finalizing the date, we are meeting now. The event will be in fall 2017 at UCSF. If interested please reach out to either Kai Frolich or Breck Baig at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community and Partnerships Committee of Slow Food San Francisco: The Community and Partnerships Committee is looking for members to be involved in creating connections within the community and developing educational workshops that facilitate growth and expansion of the values behind Slow Food. This could be any part of the following process: creating a relationship with a local business to use their space and developing, scheduling and executing a workshop featuring a local talent. Please contact email@example.com call 510-387-5932.
- School Gardens Committee of Slow Food San Francisco: SFSF has implemented gardens in several schools in San Francisco as well as hosted a tour of a garden at a prior COBA conference. We will be organizing an event on Earth Day 2017 (April) in conjunction with a few other organizations in SF that will be interactive for families. We are currently seeking volunteers to help with this event and who are eager to push Slow Food principles to the youth for future projects in this Committee. Tasks may include: helping maintain organization; picking up donations, set up and clean up, being a “game leader” when we break off into groups, keeping track of raffle ticket sales, some marketing and helping the workshop leaders with their tasks. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
om if you are interested.
- Communications Committee of Slow Food San Francisco: Want to use your voice to connect people to Slow Food San Francisco? Our Communications Committee is looking for key volunteers to help with the monthly newsletter, redesigning our website and social media outreach. If you’re interested, get in touch with email@example.com.
- Slow Wine 2017 Tour: Next Tuesday, January 24th, Slow Wine will be in downtown San Francisco! We would love for you to volunteer at the event from 12-5, helping with logistics (registration, coat check, etc.). You would have significant breaks during that timeframe, however, so you would have access to explore the event and all the fabulous Italian wine! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help.